Madison Listed Among Best College Towns For Renters | Home & Garden
Madison ranked No. 6 on the ApartmentRatings.com annual rankings of renter satisfaction for the 100 largest college towns and college cities in the country.
The College Town Renter Satisfaction Rankings were determined by tabulating overall satisfaction scores from thousands of user-submitted ratings provided in the full year of 2010 for apartment buildings.
In addition to overall satisfaction, users on ApartmentRatings.com can rate their rental experience on a number of specific factors including noise, safety and maintenance, as well as leave comments about their own experience living in the buildings.
Topping this year's list is Berkeley, Calif., home to the University of California-Berkeley, the oldest university in California's University of California system.
Berkeley takes the top spot from Davis, Calif., last year's winner, which drops to the No. 2 spot this year. Berkeley was excluded from last year's rankings because of a lack of review for apartment buildings in the area.
Other top-rated college towns include:
- Auburn, Ala. (Auburn University)
- Buffalo, N.Y. (SUNY at Buffalo)
- Ann Arbor, Mich. (University of Michigan)
- Madison, Wis. (University of Wisconsin)
- Raleigh, N.C. (North Carolina State University at Raleigh)
- Milwaukee, Wis. (University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee)
- Boulder, Colo. (University of Colorado at Boulder)
- Tucson, Ariz. (University of Arizona)
The full list of college towns included in the rankings can be viewed at http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/2011collegetownrankings.