89 area restaurants to offer fare at Taste of Madison | Events
Madison’s annual event that gathers area eateries on the Capitol Square to offer their unique flavors to hordes of tasters is geared up for its 31st year.
Nineteen of the 89 restaurants scheduled to participate are new this year, according to the event’s website. Debuting at its first Taste of Madison affair Saturday and Sunday is Soho Gourmet Cuisines, a Madison food truck that serves a variety of authentic and fusion-style Chinese dumplings and fusion dumplings. Owner Rocky So said he joined this year because his food truck was new to Madison and the food festival is tradition.
“I grew up in Madison and I’ve always attended the Taste,” So said. “This year is my first year vending, so I have some products I want people to try. It’s hectic but exciting.”
So will be serving three types of dumpling at $1 each: the mac and cheese, buffalo chicken and an authentic pork dumpling based off his Chinese grandmother’s recipe.
Entertainment this year will include three music stages offering country, rock and R&B.
The DMC of Run DMC -- Darryl McDaniels -- is scheduled to play the 93.1 Jamz stage Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
Fourteen groups will play the 94.1 JJO rock stage including Trapt at 5:45 p.m. Saturday and Saliva at 4:15 Sunday.
At the Q106 stage, Jon Pardi will play Saturday 7 p.m., and Madison County Sunday at 3:45 p.m. plus seven other groups.
The Taste of Madison said about 175,000 people attend the festival each year over the two days. The food for sale costs between $1 and $4. There is no cost to attend, including watching music on the live stages. The Taste of Madison begins Saturday at 2 p.m. and ends at 8:30 p.m. Sunday hours are from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
-IF YOU GO-
- WHAT: 31st annual Taste of Madison
- WHERE: Capital Square
- WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 31 from 2-8:30 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 1, 11 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- MORE INFO: tasteofmadison.com, www.facebook.com/TasteofMadison
- MAP OF VENDORS: tasteofmadison.com/media/pdf/2013_map_color.pdf
Upcoming Events near Downtown / Campus
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exterior fire causes $10K in damage to 2-apartment home
- Stranger in woman?s bed might be connected to other break-in, police say
- Police: Man suspected of 7th OWI more than 4 times over legal limit
- Man crashes car into light pole; suspected of OWI
- Public hearing to discuss Madison Transit Service changes