Author to share road to publishing at book reading | Arts & Culture
A Madison-based author said she'll discuss the process of how she got her first book published at an author event downtown Wednesday.
Kelly Harms, author of "The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane," will read from her novel at the Wisconsin Book Festival event and talk about the road to getting published.
"I'm going to be discussing the publishing industry a little bit more in detail and talking about how I got from one side of the desk to the other," Harms said.
Harms said she used to live in New York City and worked for a publishing company as a literary agent.
She made the cross to author after moving to the Midwest to raise her family, she said. "The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane," is the story of an unlikely friendship between two women who were very different but brought together through a dream home sweepstakes, Harms explained.
The free event starts at 7 p.m. in meeting room 301 at the Central Library at 201 W. Mifflin St.
Upcoming Events near Downtown / Campus
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Exterior fire causes $10K in damage to 2-apartment home
- Stranger in woman?s bed might be connected to other break-in, police say
- Police: Man suspected of 7th OWI more than 4 times over legal limit
- Man crashes car into light pole; suspected of OWI
- Public hearing to discuss Madison Transit Service changes